The nine control methods on Green Mold of mushroom cultivation
1. Lower the temperature and humidity in mushroom house, strengthen the ventilation, cover the infected part with plant ash so as to prevent the mould spores from spreading.
2. Firstly fumigate indoors with 3% of Lysol Solution or 3% of Formaldehyde solution, then rinse the infected part with 1% of Potassium Permanganate Solution.
4. Soak the mould in 5% of lime water, when it disappears, discharge lime water and supplement with new materials.
5. Prepare a Kemeiling Solution carrying the proportion of 1 to 200 times, then inject or brush it on the infected part.
6. Prepare a Benomyl Solution carrying the proportion of 1 to 800 times, then spray on the infected part.
7. Smear or brush with 3% of Lysol Solution on the infected part, get rid of the mould after cleaning tools, each time of tool-cleaning should be followed up with the same digging. After that, supplement the compost and strain. The method is efficient in curing terminal mould infection.
8. In raw material cultivation, applying 1300 times of Tecto contributes to thoroughly control and eradicate mould infection.
The disinfection technology on mushroom greenhouse
It is essential for mushroom farmers to disinfect greenhouse before putting it into use. The medicines for disinfection need to be determined by the varieties of pests and diseases. You could seize the following four aspects when disinfecting greenhouse:
1. Time: 7 to 10 days before sowing and cultivation, mix well with sulphur 4g and sawdust 8g, then burn in container and then fumigate for 24 hours in airtight space. The advisable disinfection time is at 7 p.m. You could also combine with 25%, 1g of Chlorothalonil and 8g of sawdust in per cubic metre, mix well and fumigate.
2. Shelves, tools and equipment: brush and spray with Formaldehyde aqueous solution holding the proportion of 1-50.
3. The sterilization of soil: Choose farm chemical in accordance with varieties of pest and disease in greenhouse, and it should be conducted 10-15 days before the cultivation. For those greenhouses with serious disease of Fusarium wilt, spray 100-200 times of Formalin on the ground or furrow and cover with plastic film for 5 days. After half a month, complete volatilization could be realized, then sowing and cultivation can be conducted. For other diseases, you could apply 50% times of Carbendazim, 50% times of Thiophanate and 70% times of Fenaminosulf to spray on soil or mix well into toxic clay.
Super Strong Insect Repellent Recipe
Fair warning: this stuff stinks when it is wet, though the smell disappears as it dries. It works incredibly well though, and this is the one I use when I’m going to be in the woods or in tick infested areas. It is based on a recipe that was supposedly used by thieves during the Black Plague to keep from getting sick. They used it internally and externally to avoid catching the disease and to keep the flies and other pests away. According to legend, it worked and they survived… but it definitely makes a great insect repellent these days! Its also very inexpensive to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen.
Vinegar of the Four Thieves Insect Repellent Ingredients
1 32 ounce bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TBSP each of dried Sage, Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme and Mint
At least quart size glass jar with airtight lid
How to Make the Vinegar of the Four Thieves Insect Repellent
Put the vinegar and dried herbs into large glass jar.
Seal tightly and store on counter or place you will see it daily. Shake well each day for 2-3 weeks.
After 2-3 weeks, strain the herbs out and store in spray bottles or tincture bottles, preferably in fridge.
To use on skin, dilute to half with water in a spray bottle and use as needed.
Use whenever you need serious bug control!
How to Make Bug Spray From Dried or Fresh Herbs
Fresh or Dried Herbs Bug Spray Ingredients
Witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
Dried herbs: peppermint, spearmint, citronella, lemongrass, catnip, lavender, etc. I recommend using at least one herb from the mint family.
Fresh or Dried Herbs Bug Spray Instructions
Boil 1 cup of water and add 3-4 TBSP of dried herbs total in any combination from the above. I use 1 TBSP each of peppermint, spearmint, catnip and lavender, and also throw in a couple of dried cloves.
Mix well, cover and let cool (covering is important to keep the volatile oils in!)
Strain herbs out and mix water with 1 cup of witch hazel or rubbing alcohol. Store in a spray bottle in a cool place (fridge is great because then its nice and cool).
Use as needed. Added bonus: it smells great and is very refreshing to the skin.
TIP: If you have the time and want to make a stronger version of this recipe, prepare the herbs in an alcohol mixture as a tincture instead and use this directly as a spray after straining out the herbs.